TERMS OF SERVICE
Please Read These Terms Of Service Carefully Before Using This Web Site. Your Use Of This Web Site Confirms Your Unconditional Acceptance Of The Following Terms Of Service. If You Do Not Accept Theses Terms And Conditions, Do Not Use This Web Site.
We reserve the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time, in which case the revised Terms of Service will appear on the Properties. Continued use of the Properties after we post any such changes will constitute your acceptance of the Terms of Service, as modified.
You will be solely responsible for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyrights, proprietary rights, or any other harm resulting from any uploading, posting, or submission.
When you submit or post material, you grant to us the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display it (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology. This grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in any such material. You also grant us, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by name, e-mail address, or Member name, as we deem appropriate.
3. Notice of Copyright Infringement. If you are a copyright owner who believes your copyrighted material has been reproduced, posted, or distributed via the Properties in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please report the violation to our designated copyright agent by sending written notice to AARP Services, Inc., 650 F Street, NW, Washington, DC 20004, Attention: Office of General Counsel. Please note that the contact information provided in this paragraph should only be used for reporting suspected copyright infringement. Contact information for other matters is provided elsewhere in these Terms of Service or on the Properties.
Please include the following information in your written notice:
1. a detailed description of the copyrighted work that is allegedly infringed;
2. a description of the location of the allegedly infringing material on the Properties;
3. your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address;
4. your statement that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
5. your statement, made under penalty of perjury, affirming that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
6. an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
4. We shall have the right in our sole discretion to edit, or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Properties. Notwithstanding this right, users shall remain solely responsible for the content of their postings. We neither endorse nor are responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement on the Properties, whether it is provided by us, our employees, or a third party. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage of any kind caused by reliance on information obtained through postings on the Properties. We are not responsible for any offensive, defamatory, or obscene posting made on the Properties. We reserve the right at all times to disclose any information we believe necessary to satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in our sole discretion are inappropriate, objectionable or in violation of these Terms of Service. We also reserve the right to deny access to the Properties or any features of the Properties to anyone who violates these Terms of Service, or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our Properties or infringes the rights of others. Neither we nor any third-party content provider shall assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by us or any third-party content provider with respect to any conduct, communication, or posting on the Properties.
You may need a username and password to use certain features of the Properties. By registering on the Properties, you agree that you will not
1. select or use a member name or e-mail address of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
2. use a user name or e-mail address subject to the rights of any person without authorization;
3. use a member name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or
4. use a member name that we, in our sole discretion, deem inappropriate or offensive.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account. You will notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. We assume no liability for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of your password or account by a third party.
You may terminate your registration on the Properties at any time by following the opt-out instructions provided on the Properties
The Properties may provide links to Web sites maintained by third parties. Any information, products, software, or services provided on or through third-party sites are controlled by the operators of such sites and not by us or our subsidiary companies. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. The information, products and services offered on or through the Properties are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose or noninfringement; any warranty that the service operates error free or without interruption; any warranty that information obtained through the service is accurate or reliable. The entire risk arising out of the use of the service remains with you.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE PROPERTIES OR ANY OF ITS FUNCTIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY PART OF THE PROPERTIES, OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE PROPERTIES AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. EACH USER SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER THIRD PARTIES, SUBSCRIBERS, MEMBERS OR OTHER USERS OF THE MESSAGE BOARDS AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH EACH USER.
WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR SPECULATIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED OR MESSAGE RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE OR RESULTING FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSION OF DATA, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, AND SPECIAL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS WHETHER WE HAD ADVANCE NOTICE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR RELIABILITY OF THE PROPERTIESOR THIRD-PARTY SITES. USE OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE PROPERTIES OR THIRD-PARTY SITES IS AT THE USER'S OWN RISK. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE PROPERTIES.
You must provide and are solely responsible for all hardware and/or software necessary to access the Properties. You assume the entire cost of and responsibility for any damage to, and all necessary maintenance, repair or correction of, that hardware and/or software.
AARP Services, Inc. is a wholly-owned taxable subsidiary of AARP. Generally, AARP Services manages the provider relationships for and performs quality control oversight of the wide range of products and services that are made available by independent providers as benefits to AARP's members. AARP Services, Inc. operates the Properties on behalf of the third parties providing AARP commercial member benefits.
Certain sections of the Properties may provide links to sites of third parties, where you may be able to purchase online many different types of products and services that are provided \by third parties. We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or any other aspect of any product or service offered or provided by a third party. If you make a purchase from a merchant on a site linked to by the Properties, the information obtained during your visit to that merchant's online store or site, and the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your credit card number and contact information, may be collected by the merchant. A merchant that offers or sells products or services through the Properties may have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information about a merchant, its online store, its privacy policies, and/or any additional terms and conditions that may apply, visit that merchant's Web Properties and click on its information links or contact the merchant directly. You agree that neither we nor our affiliates are responsible for any damages that you incur, and you will not assert any claims against us or them, arising from your purchase or use of any products or services made available by third parties through the Properties.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL WE, OUR SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES, OR AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE PROPERTIES, INCLUDING ITS MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES, OR THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PROPERTIES, EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR SUBSIDIARY COMPANIES OR AFFILIATES IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT THAT IT CAN BE LIMITED UNDER SUCH STATE LAW.)
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE PROPERTIES OR RELATED ONLINE SERVICES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MESSAGE BOARDS OR OTHER INTERACTIVE FEATURES, OR OUT OF THE BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY.
IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THE PROPERTIES, ANY MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON THE PROPERTIES, OR WITH ANY OF THE PROPERTIES' TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THEPROPERTIES.
We may, at any time and without notice, suspend, cancel, or terminate your right to use the Properties (or any portion of the Properties). In the event of suspension, cancellation, or termination, you are no longer authorized to access the part of the Properties affected by such suspension, cancellation, or termination. In the event of any suspension, cancellation, or termination, the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the Properties, and the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in these Terms of Service, shall survive.
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the subject matter contained in this agreement and supersedes all previous and contemporaneous agreements, proposals, and communications, written and/or oral. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you purchase and/or use the products or services of a third party that are provided on or through the Properties. In the event of any conflict between any such third-party terms and conditions and these Terms of Service, these Terms of Service shall govern. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Delaware without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. If any provision of this agreement shall be found unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. The foregoing provisions of these Terms of Service are for our benefit and the benefits of our affiliates, third party content providers and licensors, and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly on its own behalf.